Where to buy a good Nem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PSU4ME
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PSU4ME

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
446
Reaction score
298
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with my new tank I want to have (start) with one nem. The tank will be 140 display, 45 sump so large enough but I only want to do one so I want to get something nice.

I don't want price to drive what nice means but I want something unique with some character.

So what and where the places to look/buy?

Thanks
 
Start here in the livestock selling forum.
 
Otherwise local clubs have members that always get splits. Private party is my 1st choice as they will be reasonably priced
 
I would be patient until you can find a local hobbyist to get one from when it splits. Usually cheaper and higher quality.
 
I agree that locally is best but I do t want to try and establish a nem with a tank full of corals if I can avoid it.

As for the type, I’d like a colorful RBTA type. I used to have an incredible RBTA which was nice. I see a lot of crazy ones out there too but it seems like finding them is a one off thing. Is there any “nem only” websites?

Im in MA so if anyone reading this has one, let me know.
 
Hey, I just ordered a Bubble tip from Aquatic Arsenal, so hopefully I'll have something good to share about them soon. But I'm also from your neck of the woods in Massachusetts. European Aquatics in Malden had a bunch of small RBTA last week (not sure if they are still there or not). I didn't get a price, but I'd guess somewhere around $50.
 
IMG_03171.jpg
rainbow nem are cool looking y buddy has splits of these ones (this is his biggest one)
 
I’m in Virginia and looking for a bta as well. Anybody have any rainbow or other types of nems near me, I’m in Northern VA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new