Where to buy a shallow frag tank?

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the Chicago burbs and looking to buy a shallow tank to use for frags.
WHere do you guys get them from? Local or do you buy online?

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a local down here in the peoria area that builds custom tanks for our club members. he's a professional commercial cabinet builder and uses a huge cnc machine to build custom tanks/sumps/stands for people.

join at www.bnreef.com and send "cabinetmaker" a pm for a quote. tell him i sent you...

cheers,
ben

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size are you looking for? I have one I have not gotten around to listing yet. It is 4'x2'x10" and is made of 3/4" acrylic.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all else fails 30 breeders work nicely as well.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drill some holes in it, cut some eggcrate to the shape of it and let the eggcrate sit on the ridge along the sides. I just saw this at Morgan's house. You could probably pm him for a picture.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i always suggest to add it to your main system. just run a feed and drain line to it from your sump. lighting can be whatever you want. i use t5.

Pellaeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to steal this thread, but how critical is it, that a frag tank is attached to your main system? I am looking at doing a frag tank but my "show" tanks are no where near where I could put a frag tank.

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. My tank is a 28 gallon tank that is in my living room. NO WAY my wife would let me put a 60 gallon Rubbermade in our living room.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to steal this thread, but how critical is it, that a frag tank is attached to your main system? I am looking at doing a frag tank but my "show" tanks are no where near where I could put a frag tank.

not mission critical. for me i have found that maintaining multiple systems just gets very involved. one usuallly suffers. plus when it's a part of your main system there is zero change in water chemistry when you place a frag from the main tank into the frag tank, and vice versa.

i know many people do maintain multiple systems. it's just easier/less time consuming to maintain one.

Back