Where to buy hammer/frogspawn Corals

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I recently went to my LFS to look at some hammer corals and frogspawn. They didn’t have either of them. I was wondering where people usually order their hammer corals. Or if there are good sellers here on the forms.

also what should I look for when buying a hammer coral or frogspawn to see if they are doing good before buying them.

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you, I would try to find a hammer or frogspawn from someone who owns an aquarium and wants to get rid of one. In my experience euphyllia are very expensive in LFS considered they can grow quite quickly in the aquarium.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I were you, I would try to find a hammer or frogspawn from someone who owns an aquarium and wants to get rid of one. In my experience euphyllia are very expensive in LFS considered they can grow quite quickly in the aquarium.
I been looking around the forms and stuff. I live in San Antonio Texas I cant really find anyone selling them.

Noob_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in SW florida and the lfs are the best option imo. I have tried online and I've seen some of the basic purple and green bicolor go for like 80$ or more. The majority of these are from the lfs in the area.

Snapchat-572530800.jpg

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I live in SW florida and the lfs are the best option imo. I have tried online and I've seen some of the basic purple and green bicolor go for like 80$ or more. The majority of these are from the lfs in the area.

Snapchat-572530800.jpg
Wow those are very nice corals!! I might just have to wait maybe my LFS will get some in a few months. Hard for them to get stuff in with everything going on right now.

Sean Fitz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Snapchat-572530800.jpg

Tryna break off some of those hammers? :) I have been hunting for a lemon-line (front center of yours) and a gold-orange (back right) forever, and my LFSs just arent getting coral during this.

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been looking around the forms and stuff. I live in San Antonio Texas I cant really find anyone selling them.
I would say come over here to Houston. Last time I stopped by FJW Aquariums, they had quite a bit of Euphyllia in stock. Including Gold Torches!!! Which made me feel sad for not having an extra $300 lying around... someday...

But yeah, I mean with everything going on right now with Covid, not so sure travelling to here is an option at the moment.

ryanscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posted these up!

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say come over here to Houston. Last time I stopped by FJW Aquariums, they had quite a bit of Euphyllia in stock. Including Gold Torches!!! Which made me feel sad for not having an extra $300 lying around... someday...

But yeah, I mean with everything going on right now with Covid, not so sure travelling to here is an option at the moment.

+1 of FJW. Went there last week and picked up 2 “cheaper” torches and a hammer. Tons of great choices

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice guys. My parents live an hr from Houston. MYbe I’ll go check it out. How much are their Euphyllia usually?

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice guys. My parents live an hr from Houston. MYbe I’ll go check it out. How much are their Euphyllia usually?
They had different price ranges depending on number of heads. I recall seeing a hammer frag for 40 or 45. But I wasn't there looking for hammers, so I didn't really pay too much attention. Plus that was back in January. I can barely remember what I worked on a few hours ago lol

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay. I seen a couple people around here in San Antonio that sell some nice hammer and torches. I might go check it out though. If I ever go back down. Thanks for the suggestion.

WSM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Collective is their username apologies for the wrong tag! It was fairly reasonable I picked up I think 3 acans super sweet colors one was called Picasso & you wouldn’t believe how nice! They also provided dip & a freebie I did I write up of the service/shipping you can find it under my post.

Noob_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tryna break off some of those hammers? :) I have been hunting for a lemon-line (front center of yours) and a gold-orange (back right) forever, and my LFSs just arent getting coral during this.
I wish I had a lemon-lime lol. It's a gold hammer, I have the straight gold and gold tip hammers and most of my hammers are still one or two heads unfortunately.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back