Where to buy Ms. Wages pickling lime out of season?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know a place that stocks Mrs. Wages out of canning season, or a place online that doesn't kill you on shipping? I just ran out of kalk and I'd like to do things the cheap way. I searched a bit online and everywhere I found charges as much for shipping as it does for the lime. Thanks!

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find it at my local Walmart and they looked at me like I was an idiot when I asked. Any other suggestions?

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got mine at my super wal mart also in the section where kitchen things are pots pans etc have also seen it in baking goods and last year in the gardening section for some reason they take pleasure in making you hunt for things

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use hydrated lime from a farm/feed store also, it seems to be a little more pure than the mrs. wages pickling lime, there is less left over in my reactor at the end of the 2 week period when i change it.

another thing i have noticed is that they add something to the mrs. wages to make it "flow" easier, and the powder from the pickling like doesnt smell as strong as the hydrated lime from the feed store

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you can use hydrated lime from a farm/feed store also, it seems to be a little more pure than the mrs. wages pickling lime, there is less left over in my reactor at the end of the 2 week period when i change it.

I bought a 5 gallon bucket full 5 years ago for around $25 and its still 2/3 full. This is the best route to go IME

Raggamuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't ever be afraid to hit up the store manager at wally world and have them bring some in, if they have none in back they tend to be pretty darn good at calling around to other local stores. if everybody is out go to wal-mart.com and have some sent to your store, it's a few days wait but no shipping and it is easy.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 149 40.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 188 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 32 8.7%
Back