Where to get Live Sand and/or Mud

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I’m looking to set my refugium up and am wanting to get some legit live sand and mud (mud slurry etc) to put into two trays I’m having made. Also, looking to ship overnight, in water to preserve as much as possible.

Was looking for some help on sources. I’ve been in contact with the below but no one has everything:
KP Aquatics
Ipsf
TB saltwater (not taking orders)
Gulf live rock

Any others out there that you know of? Wouldn’t mind getting it from different sources as well.

Appreciate the help!

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from Floridapets.com, live mud that is. The tank acted a bit weird for a day or two then settled down and was fine. It was a new dry rock start so was looking for diversity.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did 10lbs KP live rock and got amazing stuff from it. Also so bad hitchhikers that I sorted out in QT before going into my display.

i have an order from IPSF coming next week which is a clean up crew, sand, wondermud and more.

still not sure if I’m going to use the sand and mud honestly. I’ve been pretty good to avoid hitchhikers so far and I’m nervous to introduce the sand and mud directly to my DT system since I can’t really QT it and evaluate it.

OP
OP
PSU4ME

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 40# of KP rock on Tuesday, shipped in water which was great, zero losses. Have 6 cups of sand and 6 cups of mud coming Saturday from Florida pets. Tuesday I getting a huge snail and invert order from reef cleaners and then I’m getting an IPSF order next Friday with mud/sand and critters. This ought to fire up the bee sump and refugium!

Planning on QTing it all and pumping it with phyto.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's a blast from the past. Is GARF still around? I just looked at their page(s). Looks just like it did 20 years ago. But I can't tell if it's actually active....
Garfs grunge is still around (but ya, the website needs an update for sure). I believe the original owner passed away but the wife is still working (unless I'm thinking of another company).

There are some recent pictures and reviews here

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garfs grunge is still around (but ya, the website needs an update for sure). I believe the original owner passed away but the wife is still working (unless I'm thinking of another company).

There are some recent pictures and reviews here

Thanks for posting that. Back when we all got live rock from the Pacific, I could never see the reason to get Garf grunge. But nowadays, this stuff might actually make sense. I do miss the diversity that came with fresh LR.

Back