Where to get REAL German blue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter timmyrules
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

timmyrules

VERY valuable member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
2,113
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Anyone know where to get a blue German blue montipora? I’ve tried ordering 2 or them from 2 different places. They are ALWAYS brown.
 
I have German blue in my main display and it’s BLUE, but I have it in my frag tank under different lighting conditions and it’s browned out, but still grows nicely. I’d take a look at your parameters
 
Oh ok! How long did yours take to become fully blue?
 
Mine is bluish purple. Got from @TangerineSpeedo . Not sure if it was "German" blue, but it's definitely colorful in the blue-violet spectrum, not brown at all.
1727901368400.jpeg
 
Mine has never been brown... not to say that can't happen.
I gave @JoJosReef a frag and now his colony is bigger than mine. Mostly because I (accidentally) frag mine on a constant basis... If you really get stuck for a frag I am sure one of us can help you out... I will only charge a million dollars (plus shipping) for a frag of the @TangerineSpeedo German Blue...
IMG_2744.jpeg
 
Mine has never been brown... not to say that can't happen.
I gave @JoJosReef a frag and now his colony is bigger than mine. Mostly because I (accidentally) frag mine on a constant basis... If you really get stuck for a frag I am sure one of us can help you out... I will only charge a million dollars (plus shipping) for a frag of the @TangerineSpeedo German Blue...
IMG_2744.jpeg
I may need to set up a trade for another frag of your branching cyphastrea. Mine had a few accidents and got taken over by bubble algae. Not sure why, but it browned on the top a bit and then the bubbles stuck on hard.
 
Mine has never been brown... not to say that can't happen.
I gave @JoJosReef a frag and now his colony is bigger than mine. Mostly because I (accidentally) frag mine on a constant basis... If you really get stuck for a frag I am sure one of us can help you out... I will only charge a million dollars (plus shipping) for a frag of the @TangerineSpeedo German Blue...
IMG_2744.jpeg
You have an absolutely beautiful tank!!!!
 
I may need to set up a trade for another frag of your branching cyphastrea. Mine had a few accidents and got taken over by bubble algae. Not sure why, but it browned on the top a bit and then the bubbles stuck on hard.
I will try to remember to break off a piece and start growing a frag for you so it will be a good size for the new tank.
 
I've got a green slimer struggling agains clove polyps!
I think I am good on the slimer... unless it is the other one I don't have.
When I got my green slimer I cut the frag off the plug and what was left on the plug kept on going.. Now it is taking over the whole rack.
Side note: it is not attached to the glass, so I can move the rack to clean around it.
IMG_2772.jpeg
IMG_2771.jpeg
 
Hey guys! Anyone know where to get a blue German blue montipora? I’ve tried ordering 2 or them from 2 different places. They are ALWAYS brown.
They will change colors with lighting and flow. Brown frags means it was in a system with lower par usually. Mine are in about 250-300 par. They will color up over time, but even a purple one can turn brown.
One of my colonies…
IMG_5950.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new