Where to get sch 80 plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter m and m
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
3,705
Reaction score
26
Location
Nj
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking to redo my plumbing soon and BRS would want 350 to do it the way i want, does any one know any other places to get sch 80 plumbing just so i can compare prices?
 
Get the grey electrical sch 80 pvc conduit. That is what I use and I am thinking it will be a lot cheaper for you.
 
Is it the same size? Will it fit all the bulk heads and everything?
 
Sch 80 is not cheap... I did all of my plumbing in Schedule 80, and spent nearly $300 on everything...It was worth it though.

DSC09617.jpg
Picture048.jpg
Picture027.jpg
 
There is no need to even use scd 80 for aquariums, scd 40 with pressure rated pvc fittings is more than good enough unless you are going underground with your pipes double the price and no added benifit other than apearence.
 
BulkReefSupply.com carries all kinds of SCH 80 fittings, valves, pipe, and everything else you'd need. Any reason you want use SCH 80 instead of typical PVC? Looks? Just curious.
 
By the way, that picture you posted totally has an optical illusion when you scroll down. It freaked me out for a second there, I had to look at it about 5 times. haha
 
I do a lot of irrigation work, and have found that most wholsale plumbing supply outlets carry sch 80, you need to hook up with a plumber freind to buy from them, I can buy local from central supply and get pretty good deals on most all pvc, also Ewing, out of arozonia carrys sch 80 you can look it up on ewing 1.com and look for the branch locator to give you the nearest place to buy. if you don't need but just a few parts, you can order from bulk reef supply, most people like sch 80 because a few years down the road the unions are better, and most have orings which makes the easyer to open take apart change out etc, and you can get double union ball valves that don't sieze up as bad, other than that sch 40 is fine,
 
So I don't see any gray SCH 40 valves only SCH 80 ones. If I used gray SCH 40 pipes would they fit into a SCH 80 ball valve?
 
2nd savko.com, just recvd my order this week.
I bought the black (gray available as well) They have great prices, awesome customer service. I would 100% recommend them!

****Stay away from gray Electrical Conduit! I believe that it is Arsnic used to manufacture.****
 
So I don't see any gray SCH 40 valves only SCH 80 ones. If I used gray SCH 40 pipes would they fit into a SCH 80 ball valve?

Yes they would fit only the inner diameter of the pipe is different but the fitting are interchangeable.

P1020810.jpg
 
sch 80 is used for exactly what we are not using it for. sch 40 is perfect, hell i use sch 40 on everything. home depot sells up to sch 120.
 
sch 80 is used for exactly what we are not using it for. sch 40 is perfect, hell i use sch 40 on everything. home depot sells up to sch 120.

Yeah I plan on using grey sch 40. I really have no intention on getting sch 80 except for the valves. That's why I was asking if sch 40 pipes will fit in a sch 80 valve. My only reason for wanting it is because I like the look. Not sure why other members use it. Now if there is grey sch 40 valves then I'll use that too and not use sch 80 at all...
 
Sch 80 is best used in direct sunlight and in high impact areas. The internal walls are thicker than sch 40. As far as temp goes, cpvc is rated higher. I'm born into a family of plumbers and kinda know a little about this.
 
I used BRS and got everything in sch. 80 from what I hard sch. 80 helps keep the noice down to nothing I have no clue didn't do the plumbing yet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new