Where to place PH and Temperature probes?

musicreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up the Hydros Control 4 and this being my first foray into aquarium controllers was wondering if there is an ideal location to place the probes. I have a sump with 3 sections, drain, skimmer and return. My tank has a corner drain that I could place the probes in and not be visible. Does it matter where I locate them?

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my temperature sensor in the drain section of my sump - as close to the water coming back from the tank as possible, since it's the tank temperature I'm really trying to control. But tagging along to see if there's a better way.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my temperature sensor in the drain section of my sump - as close to the water coming back from the tank as possible, since it's the tank temperature I'm really trying to control. But tagging along to see if there's a better way.

Temperature probe there is fine - as you said, it's the tank temperature that you care about.

PH probe, you want to put it someplace where the sensor head will a) remain immersed b) Not collect bubbles c) Not collect debris or detritus. Anything that sticks on the sensor head will impact your PH reading and could make you think you have a higher or lower (usually lower) PH than you actually have.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back