Where to place Ricordea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishbro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Messages
1,451
Reaction score
5,923
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I placed an order from vivid aquariums for some zoanthids and mushrooms and one of the mushrooms I got was a an orange ridordea. This is a Biocube 32 tank with the stock leds and it has been cycled for about a month and a week and a half. I am deciding between the sand bed and this rock about 1/3 of the way up the tank. I’ll eventually be upgrading to the Nano box retrofit leds so keep that in mind to. In the picture you can see the rock against the glass and the sand bed below it. Those are the places I’m deciding. Where do you guys think I should place it?

Also sorry about the micro bubbles I just set up a new skimmer.

image.jpg
 
I find they do really well at the base of a rock in the sand, and will start to spread up the rock once it begins to split. If it is already on a piece of rubble then put it at the base of that rock wherever you think it looks nice. Anywhere should do, they don't need a lot of light.
 
I have a waterbox frag tank with xr15P and run my ricordea and yumas on the outer edges of the rack on the bottom. With low flow. So ultimately it will depend on the par but they typically do best w low.

A9214631-04EC-42B2-8950-65685571CF4B.jpeg
 
Down low, without a lot of flow. I flipped a rock around that had ricordea on it, and it put them closer to the middle where my light is brightest, and it's all started to grow out towards the outer edge where the light isn't as strong.
 
Ok thanks all I think I’ll just start with it at the base of a rock near the sand bed!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new