Where to put skimmer

sarinaruu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have a 31g AIO and got a new skimmer, the only way it can fit is sideways in the 2nd chamber of my sump. would it still work like this or should i return it and find a smaller version?
DCAD61A5-F6DD-4E26-B207-4CEA093594D3.jpeg
93BC5A68-92DC-40EF-B89A-723420740997.jpeg

OP
OP
sarinaruu

sarinaruu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want/need a skimmer? What are your parameters? And what make is the tank?
to keep the tank clean and reduce phosphates / nitrates / ammonia

78F, pH 8, 0 nitrites, 2.5 nitrates, ammonia 0.25, 0.04 phosphate, 1.025 salinity

OP
OP
sarinaruu

sarinaruu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These numbers w/o skimmer?
i had a cheap amazon skimmer that i only sometimes ran because it was really noisy, and a recently put in fluval clearmax phosphate remover. I also dose with brightwell microbacteria every few days and my tank is 3 months old.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a cheap amazon skimmer that i only sometimes ran because it was really noisy, and a recently put in fluval clearmax phosphate remover. I also dose with brightwell microbacteria every few days and my tank is 3 months old.
What im getting at is i just wouldnt run a skimmer. Those numbers are good - maybe a little too clean but i take them. If you want a skimmer - sure that should work - idk skimmer or tank manufacturer.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back