Where to put the Apex??

  • Thread starter Thread starter iko2thdk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

iko2thdk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2019
Messages
127
Reaction score
77
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

I am considering an Apex controller to help automate water changes and top offs. My mixing station is in the basement, 13' down and around 20' distant. I plan on purchasing a pump that can handle the head pressure by this distance for the water changes and to use the PMUP included with the ATK for top offs from the basement. I do not have room for all the electronics close to the DT. Could I put the Apex in the basement near the mixing stn? Should I put it somewhere in between (like the stairwell)? Assume cables should be long enough ?
 
You can run an Aqua Bus Cable down to your basement, and hook up another energy bar near the water change containers. Also an Apex Dos could handle those distances with no problem.
 
I agree. I have an Apex in the cabinet with one EB8 and the ALD module. From there I have a 10ft USB cable that connects to an EB8, an FMM and a PM1 in the basement. The PMUP handles the ATO and a DOS in the basement is setup for the water changes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new