Where would you live in Texas?

As a contractor I have learned that there's not really away around.
My best friend in the morning is the Michael Berry show from 8 till 11 and in the eveing rush hour the....... Michael Berry show happy hour pop a top show from 5 till 7.
Between 11 and 5 I sometimes work or hang at my favorite LFS. ;)
 
Diesel what is your favorite LFS in Houston?
 
Boo! Just kidding. I wish you guys the best and hope you love Texas. It's a big place and there's a lot to love about each of the cities you considered. I hope you keep Austin weird.
 
He keeps fish and corals in a box full of water and electricity, he's already weird enough for Austin! Woohoo, we won the Humblefish raffle!
 
Besides who want to live in Houston

I love my Houston - City of Industry and diversity! All the different types of food - om nom nom nom :)

I haven't been to FJW yet - I hear its awesome. There will be a FJW trip sometime in the next couple of weeks!

For those who might be curious, we've chosen Austin.

Austin is a cool city - you're going to love it. There are some really cool towns out in the hill country too. Stayed in Wimberly for the first ever F1 race at the track out there. Totally cool experience. Vroom!
 
I love my Houston - City of Industry and diversity! All the different types of food - om nom nom nom :)

I haven't been to FJW yet - I hear its awesome. There will be a FJW trip sometime in the next couple of weeks!

Don't get me wrong, Houston is my city in current situation as I love for what I'm doing here.
Ppl complain about traffic but I'm not, I browse the forum while I'm driving and listen to my Michael Berry show in the morning 8 till 11 "lock and load" and evening at 5 till 7 "pop a top"
When traffic is really bad due to a wreck or so I made my way to the Redneck Country Club for a few and talk Moonshine.
Every minute I'm stuck in traffic is a minute I make money so I drive with a smile on my face through Houston traffic and some days I load up 300 miles just in the city :eek:

Dude don't put it off, I'm at FJW at least three times a week.
So if you want to meet the Diesel just come on by, most of the time my hands are wet when I'm there but always helping to owner out to acclimate new livestock "fish/corals" or I'm fragging corals for him from the colonies that come in.
 
I want to meet the Diesel. It's like meeting Chuck Norris, though. I won't know what to say and I'll be all awkward. I'll manage to say Hi Ben then just squeal a lot.
 
Y'all making me wanna ditch Austin and come back to Houston lol :p
 
I want to meet the Diesel. It's like meeting Chuck Norris, though. I won't know what to say and I'll be all awkward. I'll manage to say Hi Ben then just squeal a lot.

Lol, I hear that a lot.
I should do a bi-weekly Saturday morning from 1o to 12 or so "Coffee with Diesel on the reef "
And we I will do a small presstation in everything reef related.
As in cycling, rock Scape, coral fragging and dipping, nutrition control, old school and new school reefing and everything between, fish decease (of course we get humble/Bobby and Meridith in for the day.
Or just answer and questions.
This can be fun.
Need to find my Squad shirt :rolleyes:
 
I was born and raised in Plano and currently life a little further north in Frisco.

I've visited Austin countless times and it's great. Traffic is horrid but up north in Round Rock it won't be as bad. Round Rock to Austin is about the same as Plano to Dallas, both suburbs and VERY nice ones, but in Plano/Dallas you'll be in a much larger market with far more things to do and easier travel access. I'd chose Dallas/Plano, not because I'm a homer, but because I'd like the bigger market.

They call Houston the armpit of Texas - Need I say more? J/K Houstonites - I love ya!
 
No, I'm gonna come back to Houston and just learn how to drive like Mad Max Fury Road. :p
Yea, driving in Houston is special. Even my mother, who's now in her 60's drives crazy. She also just sold her Suburu STI and got a Focus ST, so maybe she's not your avg grandma...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new