and why is the brs one so expensive?

many other suggestions?

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are basically all the same , i would pay more attention to which filters, like i use whatever cannisters i have 9 cannisters on my ro setup, i use spectrapure filters, maybe im biased but been using them 30 years. membranes the dow filmtech 75 have better rejection rates than 90 or 100 for sure. biggest thing is to have enough pressure to run it properly most people skimp out and dont get a booster pump, then wonder why then cant get more then a few gallons a day out of the units

OP
OP
fishmonkey

fishmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are basically all the same , i would pay more attention to which filters, like i use whatever cannisters i have 9 cannisters on my ro setup, i use spectrapure filters, maybe im biased but been using them 30 years. membranes the dow filmtech 75 have better rejection rates than 90 or 100 for sure. biggest thing is to have enough pressure to run it properly most people skimp out and dont get a booster pump, then wonder why then cant get more then a few gallons a day out of the units
Any reason why the brs system is almost double everything else?

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will say compared to old units the newer ones have plastic for teh top rails, my older units the brackets eventually rust out , not a huge deal but i bet these newer style plastic units last longer in that regard.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

many other suggestions?

I was looking at the same units a couple months back.

I actually ended up going with this unit:

It runs great! The customer service is great and all my orders always ship out the same day and arrive next day with flat rate shipping. I think the replacement filters are $29 for stages 1-3 / $18 for 3 refills of resin / $50 for the membrane replacement I think.

minorhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

many other suggestions?

The brs system you link is a 3:1 waste water ratio. The other system you link doesn't list waste water ratio at all. If you are on city water and pay for sewage, this might matter to you.

Brs also has water saver systems with ratios down to 1.5:1. That's what I sprung for recently.

roboshark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

many other suggestions?

I recently got a Liquagen 5 stage + Rodi saver:

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had installed the RO saver kit for me. Ro ratio was 1:3 waste but with RO saver it’s 1:1.5 (same as BRS). Additionally it can now do 150 gpd as opposed to the original 75g

All in all it’s basically the same thing as the competing 150gpd 5 stage BRS + RO Saver unit for less.

I was also looking into adding the BRS 3 stage DI extension, which looks like a really good deal. The Liquagen + RO Saver + 3 Stage DI would come out to about the same as the BRS but with 2 less full sized DI stages. The only other thing is buying DI Resin but buying in bulk would be another money saver long run too.

I hooked it up to the water hose outside, opened the flush valve for 30 minutes, closed, and started collecting water. 0 tds instantly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back