Which angels will Poma Labs breed next?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zionas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2020
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
3,491
Location
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poma Labs has done great bringing some of the rarer species into the hobby. Which angels do you guys think Matt and co will breed next, and which ones do you want to see?

It seems to me a recurrent pattern in their choices of which species to breed (so far) that they seem to go for either the rare (and higher end) species, or something that’s not commonly seen in the hobby.

They’ve mostly focused on Chaetodontoplus and Apolemichthys to date, but I believe they’re trying to expand into the full variety of Angels.

For Chaetodontoplus I can see them going for Meredithi and Scribbled next for species they haven’t bred before.

For Apolemichthys I can see them go for Bandits and Griffis next, but I’d love to see another source for getting CB Goldflakes.

For Pomacanthus, Blue Face seems likely.

For Centropyge, I can see Interruptus, maybe a steady source of CB Flames.

For Holacanthus I can see Rock Beauty next.

If they decide to get back to Genicanthus again I can see a focus on Bellus and Watanabei, maybe Semifasciatus.

Why don’t we get together and petition them on Facebook with some suggestions.
 
I cant help with the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new