Which ATO?

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any recommendations for an ATO for the IM Nuvo 30L gallon? The Tunze brand keeps coming up but I'm not about requiring the "most expensive" or top of the line. I just need one that works well.:)

Thanks!

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tunze. The reason it comes up a lot isn’t because it is top of the line, but because it works well. If you’re on a budget then get the Nano version (3152). It’s cheaper than others and works well (although the more expensive 3155 is better).

They do have a new ATO coming out at some point, but it has been delayed. It looks like it may be better than the 3152, but I’m still not sure it will be better than the 3155.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the JBJ on my nuvo 20 and works great. Seems to be as reliable as the 3155's I have on my other tanks.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Tunze 3152 Osmolator Nano for Christmas and it's been working great so far.

My only real complaint is that it doesn't come with any low water level shut-off sensor for your fill water container but, just just keep it filled, I guess (or add a float switch to cut power).

Someone recommended the "hygger" ATO that's about $30 cheaper on Amazon than Tunze Nano ATO to me but I have no experience with it.

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IM one is actually *really* good. I say actually, because their skimmer pumps are kind of garbage. But... I have nothing but positive things to say about their titanium ATO system. Magnetic mounts are super convenient, easy to place, and they stay put. You have two sensors, so you get redundancy and the controller seems very robustly built as well. It's also not badly priced. You need to add a pump. I use one of the smaller AC Sicce pumps and it has been a flawless performer.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Reefbreeders Prism on a few systems. It’s “OK” but just ok …problem is the single sensor and its refill tolerance doesn’t pair with skimmers that are sensitive to water level fluctuation: Tunze Comline, Bubble Magnus et
The IM one is actually *really* good. I say actually, because their skimmer pumps are kind of garbage. But... I have nothing but positive things to say about their titanium ATO system. Magnetic mounts are super convenient, easy to place, and they stay put. You have two sensors, so you get redundancy and the controller seems very robustly built as well. It's also not badly priced. You need to add a pump. I use one of the smaller AC Sicce pumps and it has been a flawless performer.
I couldn’t give a IM skimmer away, no kidding

DownUnderAqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the whole reefing game. much like you, I’ve seen the Ozmo name thrown around a lot. I elected to grab one. It was either that or the Neptune ATO.

Safety features are great, easy setup - no complaints here :)

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an autoaqua "ATO Lite" in my nano and its been going strong over 5 years. Just replaced the tiny pump for $15 after about 4 years. Sensor is really small and very accurate and dependable.
I am approaching 3 years on mine as well and chugging strong!

The beauty about the chip is that if it fills more than the previous filling it cuts itself off which is a great feature. Naturally the sensor will fail, but the redundant backup is nice at a much cheaper cost than a tunze 3155.

MickeyR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also say this, see the location of your tank placement ie bedroom, main room etc and if sounds drive you crazy lol. I hate the sounds of the ATO, my neptune (took up too much space, was reliable) and 3152 nano (small form factor and reliable) but the pumps are loud, I have changed some and still isnt as quiet as I want. my brother in law i set him up with a reefbreeders prism and you cant hear the pump, only the water hitting water. He has been happy with it. I think I will try the autoaqua next.

stovenut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Autoaqua ATO is quiet. The sound of the water going into the tank is all I hear. I also have the Reefbreeders ATO on a larger tank and that ATO is dead silent.

OP
OP
NanoReef_lover143

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the whole reefing game. much like you, I’ve seen the Ozmo name thrown around a lot. I elected to grab one. It was either that or the Neptune ATO.

Safety features are great, easy setup - no complaints here :)
That's great to hear. I'll be reaching out to you for advice and learn from each other :)

Do you have the link to the one that you got?

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the duetto it has been working. I like that it has a dry pump auto off, and duration auto off. and seems quiet but the tank is in the living room.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back