Which ATO?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes that's the one! Can't beat the price.

Look on eBay. I got one for about $45 brand new!

It will work fine for my Pico tank, but I still prefer the Tunze. The pump with the AutoAqua doesn’t hold it’s prime, so every time the pump stops you can hear the water gurgling back into the ATO reservoir. Probably not a problem for most users, but it is for me as it’s in my bedroom!

stovenut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go with an AUTOTOPOFF.com ATO. They are pretty simple and reliable. That are also a bit clunky (as far as looks). And they do not cost much. But they are certainly NOT state of the art.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am approaching 3 years on mine as well and chugging strong!

The beauty about the chip is that if it fills more than the previous filling it cuts itself off which is a great feature. Naturally the sensor will fail, but the redundant backup is nice at a much cheaper cost than a tunze 3155.
The Autoaquas haven't gone well for me. 3 sensor fails in 4 years.

the last one had 2 sensors in the one green package.

Water got in and both sensors failed and the pump just stayed on and emptied the reservoir.

Now using the Kamoer which has an optic sensor plus a float for safety backup, plus an reservoir empty sensor. And a large pump.

Cheaper than the autoaqua.. Fingers crossed it willl last longer than 18 months.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a link I have ben following about the tunge,. They are having no luck with it keeps overflowing. Just yesterday I looked up a review, and advised them have yet to hear hoe they made out. Personally I use an Eshops love it but do have to clean entire thing about every 4 months

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now using the Kamoer which has an optic sensor plus a float for safety backup, plus an reservoir empty sensor. And a large pump.

Cheaper than the autoaqua.. Fingers crossed it willl last longer than 18 months.

Will the Kamoer work with a rimmed tank?

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go with an AUTOTOPOFF.com ATO. They are pretty simple and reliable. That are also a bit clunky (as far as looks). And they do not cost much. But they are certainly NOT state of the art.
This is what I am running also. It's NOT state of the art but it is simple and reliable. I have 2 ATOs and 2 solenoids and they have worked flawlessly.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back