Which coral can be kept with these fish

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in sounds like op is going with semi agressive regardless. Mixing different species in a rather not so large tank. So yeah, if he wants to see the marine version of gladiator he gonna see it.

OP
OP
M

Moone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Damsels, Butterfly & the Cleaner Wrasse are bad ideas?
I've also read that Mertensii Butterflyfish can be kept with noxious corals

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Damsels, Butterfly & the Cleaner Wrasse are bad ideas?
I've also read that Mertensii Butterflyfish can be kept with noxious corals
I think it might be a good idea at this point to look at some build threads in which similar fish have been stocked. Others have pointed out that you plan to stock your build with aggressive fish -- and some with specialized diets -- that are not a good idea for a beginner. And I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I'm going to assume here that this is your first (or one of your first) builds.

There are many better options than cleaner wrasses, and it's generally not a good idea to keep them in a home aquarium unless you've got a gigantic build and many years of experience. Get a melanarus or yellow coris or a fairy wrasse if you want a wrasse at this stage.

I wouldn't recommend butterflyfish to anyone who hasn't kept a tank running for at least a year. The pyramid is supposedly the most reef-safe, but you really do have to forget about planning corals in your tank if you want to keep any of them. If you can manage to have a colony or two with your butterflyfish without it getting eaten away, great -- but don't have any expectation that this will happen. It's really unfair to the fish when nipping does happen, as it's just in their nature to do that. If you insist on butterflyfish, stock your build with Kenya Trees and xenia and cabbage leathers and other cheap polyps.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 114 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back