Which coral should I place here?

RickvDam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello hello,
I got a growing zoa garden on the front of my bottom rock. I would like another coral on the back side, but there is a shadow. I hope I can put my Ricordea Florida there, and if I can't, I also got another coral, will he be good there? I made a few pictures of the corals and the shadow. Some input would be great, cause my Ricordea Florida looks great there, but the bottom gets around 75-100 par, so in the shadow it will be less.

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg
IMG_5342.jpg
IMG_5354.jpg
IMG_5341.jpg
IMG_5339.jpg

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well acans do well in a shaded area like that but eventually those zoas are going to take over that rock. If you're ok with cutting back the zoas over time then I'd probably put acans over there

OP
OP
R

RickvDam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well acans do well in a shaded area like that but eventually those zoas are going to take over that rock. If you're ok with cutting back the zoas over time then I'd probably put acans over there
Oh really? I thought the zoa’s would stop growing when it reaches the shade. If the zoa’s will continu covering the rock, even in the shade, then I will keep it empty for the zoa’s to use.

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really? I thought the zoa’s would stop growing when it reaches the shade. If the zoa’s will continu covering the rock, even in the shade, then I will keep it empty for the zoa’s to use.
Maybe they will? I'd imagine they'll continue to grow but I'm not 100% sure on that. But I am sure acans would like that spot lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back