Which fish/invert are good for eels?

Picasso the Triggerfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2020
Messages
149
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have heared tales of eels dying for eating a kind of fish and others that they eat another kind of fish and they do great. Which fish/invert can a eel eat without risking it?
 
Edited: Bad eyes , re-read and now understand you are asking about diet, not tankmates ...deleted post
 
Last edited:
You want to avoid foods with thiaminase
Krill has it too.

I feed shrimp, squid and tilapia from the grocery.
Thanks, I haved doubts with the mackerel before reading the article, unfortunately, they don't sell tilapia on my local groceries, but yes squid, and a lot indeed, 1 kilogram bag costs 9 bucks.
 
I think what stands out is don't feed common feeder fish like goldfish or rosy minnows.
My 2 snowflakes will eat almost anything. Silversides, the stuff I already mkentioned, and they go after the bigger chunks of LRS or Rods.

They will eat from a stick but I dont usually feed that way. I make them come out go look for a meal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new