Which fish to cut

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say emperor or majestic. Love the scribbled and regal! Toss the nasi before the scribbled! Has it picked on any corals?

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love when they have juice colors like yours but transitioning colors I'm not a fan of personally. Adults are cool but pretty commonly available. And get huge. Sorry have just never been a big fan of nasos but streamer status is nice

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Flames add so much color... when I upgrade from my 150gal I'm going for a trio

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love when they have juice colors like yours but transitioning colors I'm not a fan of personally. Adults are cool but pretty commonly available. And get huge. Sorry have just never been a big fan of nasos but streamer status is nice
I like your straight talk. My last emperor was 7-8" and thicker than a T-bone steak. They just have so much personality though!

I know... Both the emperor and naso will eventually need to be rehomed. Good thing I know a guy with a 1700 gallon tank!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Flames add so much color... when I upgrade from my 150gal I'm going for a trio
215-gallon... I'd say skip the trio... I bought a pair and the female ended up going male. Same thing will happen eventually with the trio is my guess, but I'm no wrasse expert.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The emperor will get nasty as it gets bigger. I had to rehome mine.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
215-gallon... I'd say skip the trio... I bought a pair and the female ended up going male. Same thing will happen eventually with the trio is my guess, but I'm no wrasse expert.

I meant flame angel trio

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until the emperor's pattern starts to change, then get rid of him, if only they kept the juvie color.
I've been through that change once before with a previous emperor... it was amazing to witness. Though yes... Too bad they don't stay that way forever! Plus he'll grow into a monster! He's my longer term rehome!

For now, which one would you boot eat breakfast?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been through that change once before with a previous emperor... it was amazing to witness. Though yes... Too bad they don't stay that way forever! Plus he'll grow into a monster! He's my longer term rehome!

For now, which one would you boot eat breakfast?
For now? That's tough. You have some of my favorite angel species. The flame or emperor/majestic. Emperor and majestic have the same shape. It's a tough call.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now? That's tough. You have some of my favorite angel species. The flame or emperor/majestic. Emperor and majestic have the same shape. It's a tough call.
Thanks Eatbreakfast... That's why I had to reach out to other reefers for help, I don't want to cut any of them!

While I got a fish expert on the line, any cool angel you'd replace it with... Something not blue/yellow and plays nice with others? Have a mainly acro tank so not too worried about picking/eating fleshy corals. I'm partial to not common ones but I don't need to spend thousands either. [emoji4]

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back