Which fish to cut

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Eatbreakfast... That's why I had to reach out to other reefers for help, I don't want to cut any of them!

While I got a fish expert on the line, any cool angel you'd replace it with... Something not blue/yellow and plays nice with others? Have a mainly acro tank so not too worried about picking/eating fleshy corals. I'm partial to not common ones but I don't need to spend thousands either. [emoji4]
I'm partial to blueface and flagfin, but that doesn't help with the blue/yellow issue.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a fan of the majestic. Too bland for my taste.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of getting rid of any yo could just get another tank.lol
I'm going to need you to come in person to my house and propose this to my wife. If you can't find me, I'm behind the couch where flying shoes can't get me.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty Even though I have a Flame in my Tank I would let it go if I had what you have & was looking to get rid of one.

Last edited:

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never realized how many blue and yellow angels are out there. Thank you for the suggestions sir!

How about one of these. Still has Yellow & Blue but not much.
Passer Angelfish
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty Even though I have a Flame in my Tank I would let it go if I had what you have & was looking to get rid of one.
Yeah, he's a jerk but it feels odd to get rid of the one angel that isn't blue and yellow and also takes up the least bioload of the angels. He adds a nice splash of red in the tank when he's not hiding in the rocks and fighting other fish. [emoji16]
How about one of these. Still has Yellow & Blue but not much.
Passer Angelfish
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
I have eyeballed the Passer but just worried about compatibility with the other angels.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he's a jerk but it feels odd to get rid of the one angel that isn't blue and yellow and also takes up the least bioload of the angels. He adds a nice splash of red in the tank when he's not hiding in the rocks and fighting other fish. [emoji16]I have eyeballed the Passer but just worried about compatibility with the other angels.
Yeah. I think the blue and yellow coloration is more what bothers you ( and me too). Your bioload wouldnt be too impacted.

Funny enough, since i dont plan on any angels for now, I need my hippo tang for the blue and yellow.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I think the blue and yellow coloration is more what bothers you ( and me too). Your bioload wouldnt be too impacted.

Funny enough, since i dont plan on any angels for now, I need my hippo tang for the blue and yellow.
I'm hook you up with a sweet scribbled angel! [emoji14]

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still can’t understand why everyone picking the scribble that’s one of my fav angel.
We had a scribble but it died after a year. Was my husband’s absolute favorite fish. Awesome fish! We have an Annularis angel in the reef, emporer, Koran and majestic in fish only. We had a regal once was my favorite angel. We’d lov to buy the scribble from you but live in Wisconsin! Keep the blue and yellows ditch the flame angel!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a scribble but it died after a year. Was my husband’s absolute favorite fish. Awesome fish! We have an Annularis angel in the reef, emporer, Koran and majestic in fish only. We had a regal once was my favorite angel. We’d lov to buy the scribble from you but live in Wisconsin! Keep the blue and yellows ditch the flame angel!
Thanks for the input! I do like it but man, when all those blue and yellow fish come out to eat, its like watching zebras in the wild... I can't tell where one fish ends and the other begins! [emoji16]

I've shipped a fish before, last one was to New York. If I do get rid of it and you guys are interested, I'll PM you!

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input! I do like it but man, when all those blue and yellow fish come out to eat, its like watching zebras in the wild... I can't tell where one fish ends and the other begins! [emoji16]

I've shipped a fish before, last one was to New York. If I do get rid of it and you guys are interested, I'll PM you!
Sounds good! We just set up 93gal with powder brown and tomini tang. 2 wrasse and a pink goby. Powder brown had to move out of 300gal and couldn’t go with Sohal in 180gal. So I bought powder brown a new home. Only had room for 90 gal this time! I need a 1700gal tank!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back