Which fish turned out to be a menace in your tank?

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm curious to see if you've ever had a fish that was said to be peaceful but turned out to be a menace? For me it was my male pintail fairy wrasse, he would bully everything that would come into the tank, especially other wrasses. Share your experiences

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Roland's Damsel that I read over and over is peaceful. It currently has a gramma trapped in a hole. Fishing hook is on the way for him.

2. Longnose Hawk that became aggressive with others. Back to the store with him.

3. Male clown that was obsessed with trying to kill Firefish and Chromis. I'll just say he's no longer terrorizing anything.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new to this ( 5 months) but gold streaked blennie ok at first with first 5 fish added but last 3 which is another blennie,cleaner wrasse and coral beauty today he being right jerk.even trying hite head butt/push off the rocks a large halloween hermit i got today also lol

Aboynamedsous2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Roland's Damsel that I read over and over is peaceful. It currently has a gramma trapped in a hole. Fishing hook is on the way for him.

2. Longnose Hawk that became aggressive with others. Back to the store with him.

3. Male clown that was obsessed with trying to kill Firefish and Chromis. I'll just say he's no longer terrorizing anything.
Yellow tail damsel for sure! Only paid $5 for it and soon learned why it was so cheap!

Helms Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kole tang. Surprisingly. I have 4 fish now. 2 clowns. A fire hawk and a long nose hawk. No nipping or anything but the flame hawk is sooo territorial. I’m looking for one more fish to add that will subdue him a bit and just be a mother tank mate. Any suggestions?

Peng1606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have damsels, 2 orchid dottybacks, clowns, 13 tangs, 5 royal grammas, assortment of wrasses inc six line (all this in 750 gallon system) but the ones that have given most trouble/killed most fish were:
- redfin wrasse. Has chased and killed about 5 different wrasses
- bullet/brown barred goby. Has chased 3 different sand sifter gobies and an algae blenny. Refused to let them out to eat etc.

Puffergirl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree with the longnose hawk

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back