Which wrasse?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys looking for a wrasse for my 70 gallon. Current stock is peaceful and all smaller fish with exception of my maroon clown female and a raccoon butterfly. I have a scar face damsel that is mean to everyone but all the other fish are well behaved. Could use a little help with bristleworms! I was just going to get another melenarus wrasse but I saw this guy today! Would it make a good edition to this kind of tank? Seems like it from research but thought I would still ask! @Slocke and @i cant think

IMG_4817.png

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think these guys will help much with bristleworms, but might be able to hold its own in your tank!

@Slocke might have some good recommendations for bristleworm killers.
Yeah! He recommended the ones I decided to get for my bigger tank! And the bristleworms are not out of control, I had an arrow crab that kept them at bay and just was looking for a wrasse to help but thats pretty! Ill probably end up with another arrow crab to be honest. This one just looks so pretty.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank? I don't see any reason not to get the fairy of you think your other fish will get along with it!
Hum let me look, the one I want to put this wrasse in is a red sea max 260. And yeah I think the damsel will be an issue for a little while like he always is but when he gets too uppity my maroon female puts him in his place and protects the new fish lol.
Also if the bristleworms are really getting out of control you could try the panty hose trap to work down the numbers.
And they are not really out of control, there is just a bunch of little babies I dont want growing up! Lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back