Which Hanna Phospahte checker?

Luciferene

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t believe the new model was out when that video comparison was made.
This seems to be the confusion. When BRS tested it was ULR Phosphorus vs LR Phosphate.

ULR Phosphate should be the same test as ULR Phosphorous without conversion and better timer. Not 100% but in the past Hanna always updated models this way. (Alk in ppm vs dKH, etc).

With that said ULR Phosphate states 0.02ppm phosphare accuracy vs ULR Phosphorous's approximately 0.015ppm accuracy (5ppb phosphorous * 3.144). But I think this has to do with rounding since ULR phosphate can only view to 0.01.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to be the confusion. When BRS tested it was ULR Phosphorus vs LR Phosphate.

ULR Phosphate should be the same test as ULR Phosphorous without conversion and better timer. Not 100% but in the past Hanna always updated models this way. (Alk in ppm vs dKH, etc).

With that said ULR Phosphate states 0.02ppm phosphare accuracy vs ULR Phosphorous's approximately 0.015ppm accuracy (5ppb phosphorous * 3.144). But I think this has to do with rounding since ULR phosphate can only view to 0.01.

exactly how I understand the situation on the two models.

Though I thought the accuracy on the phosphorus checker is 10ppb so around 0.03ppm?

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This

William Morris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the phosphorus model .
the conversion is easy , as well as the test itself .
I wish the powder sachets were a little easier and not spill every tone I open them
Each test requires one for the test after I dump
And spill one
I use the phosphorus model .
the conversion is easy , as well as the test itself .
I wish the powder sachets were a little easier and not spill every tone I open them
Each test requires one for the test after I dump
And spill one
I bought some small funnels to use for this test. Had to cut the length of the tube down so it didn't touch the water.
Makes adding the reagent easy.

Attachments

• Hanna Phosphorus ULR.JPG
    Hanna Phosphorus ULR.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 26

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make your self a little wood platform too. I don't have to worry about knocking the vial over.
You could also drill some holes in the plastic that’s used inside the case.

Also, don’t get hung up on the timing. Go ahead and fill both cuvettes with tank water and put the reagent in one. Now you have C1 and C2 ready to go.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have been looking at everyone’s comments and videos and I think I’m going with this one.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the “older” phosphorus model and they have made upgrades as mentioned. This is probably my favorite tool for monitoring parameters. I also use the Alk checker, both are reliable for knowledge about the system parameters.

Buy and thrive!

Luciferene

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
exactly how I understand the situation on the two models.

Though I thought the accuracy on the phosphorus checker is 10ppb so around 0.03ppm?
You may be right - I think BRS had them on +-5ppb on their video but I must say I never validated it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back