Which inkbird?

RobbieMaynard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a heater controller for a Fluval 13.5. Looks like the Inkbird 306a has its fair share of issues. Should I go with the 306T? Or the 308?

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the 308 wifi.. the product itself seems to be good, however, the temp probe on mine seems to float towards 77 degrees regardless of the actual temp. Inkbird (after a few emails) sent me a new one. I haven't set it up yet. so ... customer service is good.. still up in the air on the controller itself.

OP
OP
R

RobbieMaynard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does inkbird make a 308 WiFi for reef aquariums (plastic probe)? If so do you know which model#?

OP
OP
R

RobbieMaynard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont understand the question.. it is for reef and has plastic probe.

sorry for not being clear. I was watching a YouTube and the man said to stay away from metal probes in reef tanks due to corrosion issues. But I found what I was looking for thanks to ReefAddict4707:

Inkbird WiFi ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Aquarium Thermostat for Aquarium Heater and Cooler, with Waterproof Sensor

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the differences between models come down to with wifi, without wifi, with cooling, without cooling, dual probe, singular probe. At least those are the variants I recall. Still haven’t used mine.

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for not being clear. I was watching a YouTube and the man said to stay away from metal probes in reef tanks due to corrosion issues. But I found what I was looking for thanks to ReefAddict4707:

Inkbird WiFi ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Aquarium Thermostat for Aquarium Heater and Cooler, with Waterproof Sensor

This is the one I have, Really wanted everything connected to WiFi and that part is good. Unfortunately it does allow around ~1.5 degrees of variance which I’m not super thrilled about but whatever. I haven’t actually used anything in the cooling port yet. Probably means I won’t since I live in FL and we just passed the hottest part of the year.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use the bayite with a inkbird probe and I have had it for 2 years with no issues, I also use the inkbird 308 but have to replace yearly

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about the C929A? I just order that one, its smaller and also has 2 probes, wifi and alarm...
I'd never seen that model before but I don't see why it wouldn't work since the probes seem to be plastic. Other than a very different form factor and only 1 outlet it seems to have the same functionality as my 306a which I've been using for several years now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back