Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truth be told I am not a fan of these, mostly due to the LED placement and spectrum they use. I would get Vipar Spectra units over these ones.

OP
OP
O

ourownvolition

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truth be told I am not a fan of these, mostly due to the LED placement and spectrum they use. I would get Vipar Spectra units over these ones.

Yea without a doubt those are really good from what I hear with reviews. I’m just really intrigued by the sunset sunrise feature. Have you figured out a way to replicate that with your lights?

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea without a doubt those are really good from what I hear with reviews. I’m just really intrigued by the sunset sunrise feature. Have you figured out a way to replicate that with your lights?

Full disclosure, I do not have VS lights. They are very highly thought of, and proven to grow corals just like much more expensive units. In terms of sunrise/sunset feature, corals dont care about it, and will not grow any better if light fixture has it. Some folks want to have that feature because they enjoy it, but it is not needed for coral growth.

Dripdroppin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard great things about sb reef black boxes. You might look into those as well and they are backed by a 2 year warranty

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is cheaper on Amazon. Don't use eBay it will cost more. That's a SunSun Full Spectrum. Amazon might be lower.

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dsuny I meant connecting to others you have g. I Amazon is cheaper.

OP
OP
O

ourownvolition

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can get the 36” 90cm light. The first one in the post for $95. Should I go with that for the price and I could always get a second unit then. I currently run the new lightimetunnel and cannot get it connected to the WiFi at all. The light itself though is incredible for the price point as I’ve seen my lower level corals grow daily.

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can get the 36” 90cm light. The first one in the post for $95. Should I go with that for the price and I could always get a second unit then. I currently run the new lightimetunnel and cannot get it connected to the WiFi at all. The light itself though is incredible for the price point as I’ve seen my lower level corals grow daily.
How, long, how deep how wide.

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the t-247 led. Better heat sync than the black boxes looks great
Here is my reef 120 g
IMG_0173.JPG

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 53 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back