Which lighting?

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have ordered a Waterbox 100.2 and I’m really indecided about which lighting options to choose.

My thoughts so far are 2 Kessil 360x or Kessil AP700. Not waiting on the AP9X.

Also thought about a Aquatic 4x54 T5 hybrid with 2 Kessil 360x.

2 AI Hydra 32 HD’s

or just getting a ATI 8x54 36” Sunpower. (Would love the powermodule, but a 36” is $1500 without bulbs!)

Tank is 36x24x24 73gals. I won’t get Radions to expensive. Don’t like Metal Halides (to much heat).

corals will be softies/LPS

Thoughts? Thanks!

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you intend on SPS later, stay away from the AP700 as a standalone light

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Kessil A360X with T5 Combo on the Hybrid Fixture of Aquatic Life would be my choice.
AI Hydra would be great to reach the bottom of the tank with higher PAR but i'm not a super fan of this like, it's not bad, I simply prefer other product for that range.

I'm finishing my video of the A360WE with Combo T5, will publish this Sunday if you wonder which T5 you prefer to use.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 of 6 bulb Sunpower is fine for Softies and LPS - get the 8 if you think that you might get the acropora or clam bug down the road.. Plug in and enjoy with great coverage and success. If you want to go LED, then look at Photon V2 - I like the coverage and price of these over the options that you listed.

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 of 6 bulb Sunpower is fine for Softies and LPS - get the 8 if you think that you might get the acropora or clam bug down the road.. Plug in and enjoy with great coverage and success. If you want to go LED, then look at Photon V2 - I like the coverage and price of these over the options that you listed.
Love those lights have seen people use them, and attach 1t5 to each side.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I think I'm going to end up going with a 36" 6 bulb dimmable sunpower

I would ditch the dimmable part and just go standard 6 bulb sunpower, that's a great light. I've never run dimmable T5s and frankly don't know why you would. Down the road you can look at clipping a Reefbrite or similar LED bar to the front and you will have everything you could want.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ditch the dimmable part and just go standard 6 bulb sunpower, that's a great light. I've never run dimmable T5s and frankly don't know why you would. Down the road you can look at clipping a Reefbrite or similar LED bar to the front and you will have everything you could want.

yea? dimmable not worth? I mean I can get an 8 bulb HO ATI Sunpower for the price of the 6 bulb ATI Dimmable Sunpower.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea? dimmable not worth? I mean I can get an 8 bulb HO ATI Sunpower for the price of the 6 bulb ATI Dimmable Sunpower.
To me? No, but maybe someone else might like it. Plus I've heard you have to "burn in" the new bulbs for something like 50 hrs first. Where are you gonna do that? If you have the room front to back for an 8 bulb I wouldn't talk you out of it. If you do SPS down the road you will be happy you got it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back