Which nano sized light for frag section in sump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2015
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
3,779
Location
Garden Grove
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to add a 11x 6" frag rack in my sump. With all the splash and potential salt creep down there I'm not looking to spend money on a high end fixture. I'm open to other options but for now I'm looking at prime 16 hd and kessil (probably used if kessil) 150-360.

I can choose to mount the frag rack as high as I need in that section so I'm not too worried about par, just looking for the best light to keep them colored up and happy.
 
Or would a 15"xho reefbrite blue strip work best considering it matches the width of my sump?
 
I use a prime 16 on a 6 gallon 12in cube side frag tank
 
What lighting do you run on your display? Do they seem to hold color well after being fragged?
Hydra 52 HD’s on my display. I prefer the 52 HD’s but the prime 16 grows and colors well enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new