which one??

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of picking my last fish for my 20 gallon reef tank. I have narrowed it down to two choices and was looking for some seasoned reefers experiences. I am looking at coral buauty dwarf angel fish which may or may not be reef safe or a melanarious wrasse. Both are very good looking fish and i'm not sure which is best for the tank. I don't have a ton of corals yet but plan on adding as many as space will allow. Any pros or cons on either choice would be great. I do have a lid so the jumping that wrasse can do is not a big issue. Thanks for any feed back or advice that you all could give me.

OP
OP
rob s.

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to break it you but both those fish are too big for a 20 gallon both are swimmers and need space to swim.
any other suggestions? I definatlly want as much color as possible. I only have a pair of clowns in it now and so i want just one more show piece type fish.....

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
any other suggestions? I definatlly want as much color as possible. I only have a pair of clowns in it now and so i want just one more show piece type fish.....
How about a watchman goby with pistol shrimp pair or a royal gramma?

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i have a fire shrimp in there now. Do you think he may pair up with the goby? i like the yellow watchman and I've seen pics of one with purple dots.
No, it won’t pair up with the fire shrimp. You can still get a pistol shrimp with the fire shrimp in the tank.

OP
OP
rob s.

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it won’t pair up with the fire shrimp. You can still get a pistol shrimp with the fire shrimp in the tank.
ok definitely something to consider. with such a small tank you probably already know how difficult it is to make a choice.... i do really like the colors on the royal gramma as well. i see a larger tank in my future for sure lol

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ok definitely something to consider. with such a small tank you probably already know how difficult it is to make a choice.... i do really like the colors on the royal gramma as well. i see a larger tank in my future for sure lol
Haha. I used to have a 29g and already upgraded to a 4 foot tank after a year ;)

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second a royal gramma. One of the most underrated fish in this hobby. Peaceful, colorful and small.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back