which size you use nozzle and tube is suitable for small tank 8mm,12mm or 16mm?

Simplelulu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,

I need a help. I have a fish tank 24"(60cm )x 14"( 35 cm) x 14'(35 cm), which size nozzle and tube you use is suitable for small tank ? normally there sell 8mm,12mm and 16mm in the market. I diy a filter, but nozzle with 8mm seems a lttle small.

3.jpg

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On which end? Will it be under gravity or under pressure from a pump. Based on your dimensions it looks to be about 20 gallons, so you would want between 100 and 200 gallon turnover. Using that and depending on the pump (head pressure) you could determine more exactly. If it's gravity though, bigger size.

OP
OP
S

Simplelulu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On which end? Will it be under gravity or under pressure from a pump. Based on your dimensions it looks to be about 20 gallons, so you would want between 100 and 200 gallon turnover. Using that and depending on the pump (head pressure) you could determine more exactly. If it's gravity though, bigger size.
Thanks for your advice. Normally big size nozzel means I need to choose big pump to match it ,right? The problem tropical fish in this tank. They are small, can not bear big flow.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back