Which Sump.... Biotek Marine, Synergy Reef or Geo's reef???

Brian Reagan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big is your display tank?
20161223_200027.jpeg

Its a 220

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I asked them to add the ATO onto the end and use red acrylic along with the black. They did an excellent job. If you see modifications you'd like, I'm sure they'd be glad to accommodate.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked them to add the ATO onto the end and use red acrylic along with the black. They did an excellent job. If you see modifications you'd like, I'm sure they'd be glad to accommodate.
How much extra was it for the custom color and ATO add on

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much extra was it for the custom color and ATO add on
I'd have to go back to the invoice but I believe it was $50 for the color. The ATO added to the SU24R made it the same dimensions as the SU30R, so they just charged me the price of the SU30R.

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also looked at Bashea before, did not find many people using them on here. Do you use a Bashea sump???
No I dont have one. I've done this search in the past and I liked them. Everything I've liked with thick plexiglass is well over my budget. Typically $400-$500 was the going rate. Let me know what you pick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have to go back to the invoice but I believe it was $50 for the color. The ATO added to the SU24R made it the same dimensions as the SU30R, so they just charged me the price of the SU30R.

How do you like the reactor on the Geo Sump????? I would be going with the 46 sump , so it might get costly to add the ATO but will definitely ask if i decide to go with them.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I dont have one. I've done this search in the past and I liked them. Everything I've liked with thick plexiglass is well over my budget. Typically $400-$500 was the going rate. Let me know what you pick.

Yes the budget is a huge factor....... Basically the prices vary in this order .....Biotek Sump 44 $869 shipped.....Geo Sump 46....$874 shipped.....Synergy CL44 $1004 shipped......so this is why it is such a tough decision for me, very expensive decision and has to last me a long time..... The bashea 48 SS sump is $745 shipped

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do you like the reactor on the Geo Sump????? I would be going with the 46 sump , so it might get costly to add the ATO but will definitely ask if i decide to go with them.
I like it alot! It's very well-built and runs off of a tee from the return with an in-line valve to control the water flow through the reactor. It's easy access and well-designed.

I'm planning on upgrading my tank in the future (I have wife approval for a 400g), and I'm already planning to get another Geo sump for that build.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it alot! It's very well-built and runs off of a tee from the return with an in-line valve to control the water flow through the reactor. It's easy access and well-designed.

I'm planning on upgrading my tank in the future (I have wife approval for a 400g), and I'm already planning to get another Geo sump for that build.
Lol.....you better get it before she changes her mind.

I have heard only positive things about Geo Reef and Synergy Sump.

Biotek Marine is starting to slide from a choice, doesn't seem anyone is using them, really no reviews or videos on them. They look nice but this is a large purchase for me and I need the right choice.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Biotek Marine is starting to slide from a choice, doesn't seem anyone is using them, really no reviews or videos on them. They look nice but this is a large purchase for me and I need the right choice.
I saw the Biotech sumps at MACNA. They're nice sumps. For me it actually came down to Biotech or Geo, and Geo responded much quicker to my inquiries. However, I don't want to cast shade on Biotech at all. Their sumps are really nice.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the Biotech sumps at MACNA. They're nice sumps. For me it actually came down to Biotech or Geo, and Geo responded much quicker to my inquiries. However, I don't want to cast shade on Biotech at all. Their sumps are really nice.
I love the color scheme on the Biotek sumps, and they look nice. Just feel the same issue with response time and answering questions. I have talked to the owner Scott through forum messages and he has answered questions. I emailed them yesterday with a few questions , still waiting to hear back.

I can say that Geo, Synergy, and Bashea all are quick to respond and answer questions. I wish I could order a sump from all three.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the color scheme on the Biotek sumps, and they look nice. Just feel the same issue with response time and answering questions. I have talked to the owner Scott through forum messages and he has answered questions. I emailed them yesterday with a few questions , still waiting to hear back.

I can say that Geo, Synergy, and Bashea all are quick to respond and answer questions. I wish I could order a sump from all three.

Check out this fellow reefer's Sump / Controller setup.

Just keep scrolling (to the very end) and admire a truly gifted craftsman :)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2527781&page=9

Last edited:

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice cost analysis
Other option in that price range triggersystems. 302 aquatics

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this fellow reefer's Sump / Controller setup.

Just keep scrolling (to the very end) and admire a truly gifted craftsman :)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2527781&page=9
You could have linked to Broadfield's Reef2Reef thread. His sump is also an Elite Aquatics. Our sumps were built about the same time. He asked for orange acrylic and I asked for blue. :) Still working on my build, but his is off the charts, that's for sure. The FTS on the front page of the thread I linked to above is amazing, so not only is he a gear junkie, he obviously has reefing skills as well.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back