Which T-5 fixture should i use, 6 or 8?

hiviswutipee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Location
palmetto,florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone . my question is going towards my 80 gallon deep blue frag tank. 48x24x16. what bulb fixture would you prefer? the 6 or 8? what kind of bulbs and color? and brand fixture?
I was going towards the sunlight supply tek t-5 fixture.
but i would like to know what yall think.
thank you such much for your opinions.


-Daniel
 
I would go with a 6 bulb as I think the 8 would be overkill. Tek makes really nice fixtures and I hear they are very quiet as they have no fans
 
I had a Tek 6 bulb over my 75 and wished I had gone with the 8 bulb, needed a little more light for growing my sps. Either way Tek makes a great fixture and I was very happy with it.
 
I really like my tek elite 6 bulb fixture. The elite has the fans but the sound is not really noticeable. As far as bulb combos this link was given to me when I asked and it was very helpful for me at least. My tank has 4 ati blue+, 1 Fiji purple, and 1 ati aquablue special. I really like the color combo and the ati bulbs are top notch in my opinion.
 
I really like my tek elite 6 bulb fixture. The elite has the fans but the sound is not really noticeable. As far as bulb combos this link was given to me when I asked and it was very helpful for me at least. My tank has 4 ati blue+, 1 Fiji purple, and 1 ati aquablue special. I really like the color combo and the ati bulbs are top notch in my opinion.

That is the exact light and bulb combo I would use :)
 
i have the deep blue 60 gallon 48x24x12 I went with the 48 in aquaticlife 6 bulb 54 watt very good. It has fans and built in timer and it working great
has 3 ati blue + and a aqua special and a 10k and a fiji purple
 
I use 8 bulbs on my 60. And an extra 2 for high noon. And have great results. My lights are also 20" off the water surface.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
8-bulb if you afford it and have the room front-to-back. Love my ATI fixture on my 60-gl cube.

HTH
 
There's plenty of room front to back. I can fit 12 easily. In a DIY fixture that I use over mine. But I don't use all 12. Just 10. On 3 ballasts. 4,4 and 4. On 3 timers. I use the last 4 as a high noon option or for when i take pictures.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1341667184136.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341667184136.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 136

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new