Which Type of Blue Damselfish has the Brightest/Most Intense Blue color?

Gaboxing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I want to get a Blue Damselfish because of their beautiful blue color, and would like to know if in your experience from what you have kept/seen at your local stores, there was any types of blue damsels that had a brighter/more intense blue color than the rest.

From the videos/pictures I've seen, the Chrysiptera Cyanea (Blue Damselfish) and the Chrysiptera Springeri (Sapphire Damselfish) seem to have a more intense blue color then the rest (namely Kupang Damsel, Yellow Tail Damsel, Fiji Blue Damsel, etc.), but I don't know if maybe those pictures/videos are not accurate since I have not seen them in person.

Please advise on this, because I have a 40g Breeder and would like to keep only 1 blue damsel in there.

Thank you!

ReefChasers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They have a pretty sweet, mostly natural look to them especially once theyve been in the tank a while both damsels love these.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

reefman888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I want to get a Blue Damselfish because of their beautiful blue color, and would like to know if in your experience from what you have kept/seen at your local stores, there was any types of blue damsels that had a brighter/more intense blue color than the rest.

From the videos/pictures I've seen, the Chrysiptera Cyanea (Blue Damselfish) and the Chrysiptera Springeri (Sapphire Damselfish) seem to have a more intense blue color then the rest (namely Kupang Damsel, Yellow Tail Damsel, Fiji Blue Damsel, etc.), but I don't know if maybe those pictures/videos are not accurate since I have not seen them in person.

Please advise on this, because I have a 40g Breeder and would like to keep only 1 blue damsel in there.

Thank you!
I think Allen's damsel r a nice neon blue

Attachments

• Allens-Damselfish-or-Neon-Damselfish.png
    Allens-Damselfish-or-Neon-Damselfish.png
    536.4 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 1

Kyle954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had horrible luck with the azure damsel. Started with 4 of them and 1 of them attacked the other 3 til they died. Thing started going after my clowns and Midas. That was the final straw. He gone lol

Upvote 0

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think C. Taupou is a better looking alternative to C. Starcki if it’s true that C. Starcki often loses color in captivity. However C. Starcki almost looks like a small angel so there’s definitely appeal in that sense. The other plus side is that C. Taupou’s bred by Bali Aquarich. C. Cyanea is bred by Biota but are the “Orange Tails” indicators of the fact that Chrysiptera are gonochoristic and not protogynous hermaphrodites?

Attachments

• C86A048A-C688-405E-8BF2-7189D5479A5D.png
    C86A048A-C688-405E-8BF2-7189D5479A5D.png
    263.9 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 1
OP
OP
G

Gaboxing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? I’ve been told that for smaller Chrysiptera like the Azure they each need 12” square (or cubed) worth of space.
It would be the standard 40b, so about 36”x18”. I guess if 12”x12” is the requirement then I should be comfortable.

Upvote 0

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back