Which Wavemaker should I get in addition to mp40

Gcowles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 68 gal aquarium setup as a mixed reef. I’ve got 1 MP40 but want to add a second Wavemaker to prevent the flow from all being in one direction. The tank is 36x21x24. Should I get another MP40 or add a gyre xf330. I’ve got an apex if that makes a difference. I’d like to spend less if possible, so if there are other reliable options I’d be open to consider them as wel.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening and hello

sorry for the delay. I would get another MP. I have heard mixed reviews on Gyre and a lot of people put them to the back of the closet. However I am a bit biased since I have only had the MP and in the 8-9 I had it never let me down.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not like the Gyre in my 36" tank. It is simply to much. I have an MP40 and Jebao OW-10 in 36" now. Get another MP40 if you think you may one day upgrade to larger tank. Otherwise I would get an MP10 for the other side of the tank. These would be MORE than enough flow for your system.

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the SICCE XStream SDC. I just added 2 in addition to my 2 MP40's. Silent and you can aim them exactly where you want. Also include Temperature monitoring and will send you notifications. 5 Year Guarantee. Super happy with mine.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back