white band disease

rick van vladricken

spsman
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody tell me why white band happends on some sps but not others in same tank. Thank you I frag the coral then it grows great for two\three months then it comes back. cal.420\450 ph. 8.2 mag.1390 dk.9.6 pho. unreadably nitrate 0
 
Pests, flow, cal/alk/mag swings could be a number of reasons. A pic of the white bands would help too
 
I have not seen or heard of Whiteband disease in captivity, I was at a conference with Eric Borneman and he did a presentation that included White band disease in the wild though. LARGE Elkhorn colonies in the wild seem to be the most affected from what I remember, what species of corals are you seeing the WB on?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new