White blobs on Euphyllia tissue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jkrohn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jkrohn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2019
Messages
43
Reaction score
52
Location
Chicago
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was fragging a frogspawn, big like 30 heads, very happy and growing well. As I was fragging it I noticed these white blobs on a few of the heads. They don't scrape off (seems to take the tissue with it) but they certainly don't look good.

Anyone have any ideas on what they might be? I plan to dip them to see what happens.

white2-cropped.jpg
white1-cropped.jpg
 
Those are mesenterial filaments; they're typically a sign of stress in the coral - I don't know for sure, but I would imagine they might show up as a result of fragging.
 
mesenterial filaments

You ticked it off

Defensive mechanism
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new