White bugs Acropora id

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i don't have any of those fish so that won't be a problem!

Next weekend I'll might do a 24h treatment, won't it matter that the skimmer doesn't do it's job for so long?
You’ll be fine not running your skimmer for a couple days. I rarely run mine at all and my sps love it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll be fine not running your skimmer for a couple days. I rarely run mine at all and my sps love it
Ok nice, I got this oversized skimmer currently and thinking of downgrading because I'm not sure if my sps likes it. Im also adding 6 evansi anthias soon for bio load but now I'm goin off topic ;)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok nice, I got this oversized skimmer currently and thinking of downgrading because I'm not sure if my sps likes it. Im also adding 6 evansi anthias soon for bio load but now I'm goin off topic ;)
All good on adding bio load. Corals love that. Heck, I've been told Charlie has his upstairs toilets tied into his sump for more bio load although I may have made that story up myself. ;)

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good on adding bio load. Corals love that. Heck, I've been told Charlie has his upstairs toilets tied into his sump for more bio load although I may have made that story up myself. ;)
Haha that's a good idea with all these environment rules and stuff, ato and bio load all in one!

But be sure to flush the toilet with Rodi water, You don't want strange substances entering the aquarium;)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha that's a good idea with all these environment rules and stuff, ato and bio load all in one!

But be sure to flush the toilet with Rodi water, You don't want strange substances entering the aquarium;)
Not only did you get the joke, you took it further. Toilet RODI. Perfect.

Do take a look at some of his tenuis threads when you can. Inspirational stuff. Nobody gets polyp extension like that.

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only did you get the joke, you took it further. Toilet RODI. Perfect.

Do take a look at some of his tenuis threads when you can. Inspirational stuff. Nobody gets polyp extension like that.
Looks awesome! I also gave him a follow on instagram! Hope my tenuis will develop like that

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the acro frag now, the colony where it came from already shows some polyp and the tips are coloring up again!!
IMG_20210228_170831.jpg

IMG_20210228_170845.jpg

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the acro frag now, the colony where it came from already shows some polyp and the tips are coloring up again!!
IMG_20210228_170831.jpg

IMG_20210228_170845.jpg
Im in a similar boat as you just discovered that I have some form or white or black bugs!
I can get hold of milbemax which as you pointed is a mix of melbacym oxime & praziquantel. My worry is praziquantel as from what I understand interceptor that's available in the US is pure melbacym oxime. How is praziquantel going to affect the system?

Did you end up doing a full tank treatment? What kind of dose did you use?
You mentioned you did it for 12hrs. How did the treatment go? Did you successfully kill the bugs?

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in a similar boat as you just discovered that I have some form or white or black bugs!
I can get hold of milbemax which as you pointed is a mix of melbacym oxime & praziquantel. My worry is praziquantel as from what I understand interceptor that's available in the US is pure melbacym oxime. How is praziquantel going to affect the system?

Did you end up doing a full tank treatment? What kind of dose did you use?
You mentioned you did it for 12hrs. How did the treatment go? Did you successfully kill the bugs?

Thanks in advance
Praziquantel also sometimes get used in tank for internal parasites so i won't worry about that, just do a waterchange and run carbon. Today is my last treatment but after the first time all the bugs were already gone. First time 12h second time 24h and this time I will treat for around 20-24h depends on my weekend schedule

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praziquantel also sometimes get used in tank for internal parasites so i won't worry about that, just do a waterchange and run carbon. Today is my last treatment but after the first time all the bugs were already gone. First time 12h second time 24h and this time I will treat for around 20-24h depends on my weekend schedule
Corals and fish are happy, only got better after the first treatment. Polyps are back

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals and fish are happy, only got better after the first treatment. Polyps are back
That's good to hear.
So as I understand you did a full tank treatment!?
What was the dosage?
What kind of corals do you have your tank if you don't mind me asking is it only sps or lps and mashrooms as well? Did the treatment have any effect on your mushrooms or any other coral? As I am a little worried about that

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to hear.
So as I understand you did a full tank treatment!?
What was the dosage?
What kind of corals do you have your tank if you don't mind me asking is it only sps or lps and mashrooms as well? Did the treatment have any effect on your mushrooms or any other coral? As I am a little worried about that
I know that I have 1 red mushroom somewhere behind the reef wich came of a plug way ago and I think it's still there but I can't say for sure. Lps and sps are just doing it's thing and the affected Acros are regaining PE and color.

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that I have 1 red mushroom somewhere behind the reef wich came of a plug way ago and I think it's still there but I can't say for sure. Lps and sps are just doing it's thing and the affected Acros are regaining PE and color.
Fabulous thanks for the update! I am pleased to know that everything is doing well.
You would help with the dosage amount I got some milbax & don't really sure how much to dose.

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sophisticated Reefer
Im just trying to clarify for dosage.
Did you use regular dosage once a week for 3 weeks
Or
Did you use 3x dosage once a week for 3 weeks.

Last edited:

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gallon. I got the yellow box or 11 mg. 3 of them. Either i cut one pill and dose 1/3 a pill (regular dose) once a week for 3 weeks or do 1 pill (3x dose) once a week for 3 weeks.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back