White bugs Acropora id

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gallon. I got the yellow box or 11 mg. 3 of them. Either i cut one pill and dose 1/3 a pill (regular dose) once a week for 3 weeks or do 1 pill (3x dose) once a week for 3 weeks.
I do 1/2 of the 23mg pill per 50g….so 11.5mg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Interceptor mainly used for black bags. These do respond to normal dip such as CoralRX

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the red sea dip? Ig i can start with a dip. Any experience
I dont have coralrx

Last edited:

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the red sea dip? Ig i can start with a dip. Any experience
I dont have coralrx
I bought and tested that dip and used it the 15 minutes per the instructions and it burned the test sps. I didn’t see anything come off bc my tank is pest free but it didn’t perform as advertised (harmless to sps). But just dipping won’t help much bc the bugs will just swarm again when the coral is placed back in the system. You need to treat the entire system

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i dipped it only for 5 min and yeah the amphipods and bristleworms we're not moving anymore. Definitely very strong. Only dipped 4 test corals for 5 min. Compared to Revive dip i used before and even at 15 min with Revive Amphipods were still moving.
Ill do the treatment tomorrow with interceptor

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i dipped it only for 5 min and yeah the amphipods and bristleworms we're not moving anymore. Definitely very strong. Only dipped 4 test corals for 5 min. Compared to Revive dip i used before and even at 15 min with Revive Amphipods were still moving.
Ill do the treatment tomorrow with interceptor
Take the cup off your skimmer and remove any mechanical filtration and activated carbon or gfo etc. I turn off my uv sterilizer as well.

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 test corals of acropora are already having polyp extention so thats a good sign that it didnt burn the corals for 5 min of the dip.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hijack, where is everyone getting interceptor when you don't have a dog? I called a few vets and explained and they are not able to help. I have white bugs now and need to treat the tank.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hijack, where is everyone getting interceptor when you don't have a dog? I called a few vets and explained and they are not able to help. I have white bugs now and need to treat the tank.
If you strike out as many times as I did, I guess you can reach out to Steve who set me up.

Most vets gave me a fast "Nope" but one finally turned me on to Steve, a licensed aquatic veterinarian. He prescribed enough for 3 X 2X treatments for 450G. Invoiced for just short of $400 consult and prescription. If money is an issue, you may be able to order some from Canada online somehow. Sorry, no details on that.

Stephen Frattini, DVM
Owner/President
Center For Aquatic Animal Research and Management
(CFAARM)
[email protected]
http://cfaarm.org
(646) 844-4104 (P)
(646) 354-3673(C)

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you strike out as many times as I did, I guess you can reach out to Steve who set me up.

Most vets gave me a fast "Nope" but one finally turned me on to Steve, a licensed aquatic veterinarian. He prescribed enough for 3 X 2X treatments for 450G. Invoiced for just short of $400 consult and prescription. If money is an issue, you may be able to order some from Canada online somehow. Sorry, no details on that.

Stephen Frattini, DVM
Owner/President
(CFAARM)
[email protected]
(646) 844-4104 (P)
(646) 354-3673(C)
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I have been on a good amount of Canadian sites and they now state rx only.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this the right one ?
image.jpg

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stephen Frattini, DVM
Owner/President
(CFAARM)
[email protected]
(646) 844-4104 (P)
(646) 354-3673(C)
How many pills did you get ?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So bumping this back up since I appear to have these on some acros and no luck with getting interceptor. Anyone have any luck getting it anywhere else? I found bestvetcare.com which sells MILBEMAX and joes pet meds which sells generic sentinel. Neither ask for a prescription. The generic sentinel though is Milbemycin oxime & Lufenuron and I have no idea what effect Lufenuron would have on a display.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So bumping this back up since I appear to have these on some acros and no luck with getting interceptor. Anyone have any luck getting it anywhere else? I found bestvetcare.com which sells MILBEMAX and joes pet meds which sells generic sentinel. Neither ask for a prescription. The generic sentinel though is Milbemycin oxime & Lufenuron and I have no idea what effect Lufenuron would have on a display.
I cannot speak to Lufenuron, sorry. Steve was able to hook me up.

Stephen Frattini, DVM
Owner/President
(CFAARM)
[email protected]
(646) 844-4104 (P)
(646) 354-3673(C)

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welp, I'll go ahead and jump on this recent reawakening of this thread, as I just discovered some white bugs eating some acros. I have ordered Dr. G's dip, with the same active ingredient as interceptor, and begun dosing it to my whole tank. I just did first dose yesterday, 1 ml/gal, removed filter pads and turned off carbon reactor. Replaced pads and turned on reactor today. Will do a 30% water change tomorrow (still trying to get rid of some bad Tropic Marin salt in there too). I'll do this two more times, spaced out one week each time, and think I'll do 2 ml/gal the next times. I'll report back on how it goes...

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show up in person, do not call, and bring documents and information on acropora bugs and interceptor treatments showing that no harm comes from the treatments, this is what they are scared they will be liable for because they don’t understand. Always ask to talk to the owner or head doctor. Talk to them about what’s going on and explain how other vets are very hard to deal with and your running out of options. Always try the mom and pop vets first because they don’t have the strict guidelines that chain vet clinics have to follow.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back