White Eyed Moray/ Greyface Moray

  • Thread starter Thread starter SudzFD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SudzFD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,164
Reaction score
1,307
Location
Southern California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the LFS today looking to buy a small snowflake moray for my modest 60 gallon tank today. Instead I ended up with a White Eyed Moray. IT is a really neat looking moray and was even eat pellet food at the LFS, which I found impressive. It seems to be enjoying my tank. Prior to buying it I felt like I got enough information to purchase the eel, but I really cannot find much about them anywhere online so I was hoping some folks here could offer some information from personal experience or references to the net.

What I know so far: Max length 40-65cm Generally not more than 40 in captivity
Relatively rare in the aquarium hobby possibly due to a generally drab coloration
From the South Pacific
Eats small crustaceans and fish and generally lives in groups in shallow bays and lagoons.

Any information people could share would be appreciated!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new