White foam on rock?

teatimecrumpet

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I got this rock last Sunday (5 days ago) and turned the rock today to see how to extract some zoas growing between the liam clove polyps when I noticed this foamy stuff on the side of the rock. Does anyone know what it is? Can't say I noticed it when I first got the rock. Thanks
9592c6cd59489b05b929df52d926609f.jpg
81bf24c17d126d107202ea7172a1e13e.jpg
 
Thanks jaime! Googling "white foam reef" kept bringing me to sump/skimmer stuff.

Do you think I should. Get it away from corals?
 
Wow.. That is an absolutely beautiful sponge... I don't think it will hurt the corals, it's growing around a few of those polyps, but sponges like that generally aren't very fast growing, so it's not going to win any overgrowth races. I wouldn't remove it, they are so beneficial to your aquarium.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new