White Maroon laying on bottom

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a white platinum maroon female that up to a few days ago was not having any trouble. Now she has left the pvc pipe she occupied and is laying on her stomach. She seems to be breathing rapidly and she is not eating. I have a smaller male who eats fine. I have a few smaller clowns that are having no trouble. The fish is mostly white. I'm not sure if this is Brooklynella. I checked the Ammonia and its fine. Have no QT tank. Tank has inverts. Thought maybe I'd try a formalin bath. Or a water change. Here's a link to a video. The male cannot regulate his swim bladder. But eats and this has been awhile he has been like this. The female was fine up until a few days ago.
 
I have a white platinum maroon female that up to a few days ago was not having any trouble. Now she has left the pvc pipe she occupied and is laying on her stomach. She seems to be breathing rapidly and she is not eating. I have a smaller male who eats fine. I have a few smaller clowns that are having no trouble. The fish is mostly white. I'm not sure if this is Brooklynella. I checked the Ammonia and its fine. Have no QT tank. Tank has inverts. Thought maybe I'd try a formalin bath. Or a water change. Here's a link to a video. The male cannot regulate his swim bladder. But eats and this has been awhile he has been like this. The female was fine up until a few days ago.

Fish is either constipated or egg bound which may be the case however video is extremely blurry and will need a clearer video with bright white light intensity, no blues
 
It is very bloated. I think thats what it is. Can I do anything?
 
Here is another. Still blurry. Best I can do with the light. Fish is extemely bloated.

 
I have a white platinum maroon female that up to a few days ago was not having any trouble. Now she has left the pvc pipe she occupied and is laying on her stomach. She seems to be breathing rapidly and she is not eating. I have a smaller male who eats fine. I have a few smaller clowns that are having no trouble. The fish is mostly white. I'm not sure if this is Brooklynella. I checked the Ammonia and its fine. Have no QT tank. Tank has inverts. Thought maybe I'd try a formalin bath. Or a water change. Here's a link to a video. The male cannot regulate his swim bladder. But eats and this has been awhile he has been like this. The female was fine up until a few days ago.


Since the bloating came on suddenly, I’d say this is egg bound. However, both fish seemed to be swimming a bit stiffly to me - that can be a sign of brooklynella. Visually, that is very difficult to see on white fish.

Here is an article I wrote on bloated fish:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/causes-of-abdominal-swelling-in-fishes.1098720/
 
I believe it was egg bound. I picked the fish up still inside of the water column and tried to massage its belly. Several eggs came out. But I was unable to get very many. It had died this morning. I really liked this fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new