White polyp (?) on monti only open at night

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deonne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Deonne

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
119
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
may be difficult to tell from the pictures, but a portion of my fragged monti turned white overnight and I am noticing a few white polyp type things (larger than the montis own polyps) swaying in the current when lights go out. There is a hammer nearby which may have stung it to cause the white spot, but I’m confused by the white polyp-like growth. Any ideas? Sorry if that is vague.

5B3D5C81-2280-41B4-9480-BA1FD8C03B8B.jpeg


F5663E60-92C1-4450-A8AA-A9684D4AF671.jpeg
 
I had them 15 years ago or so, can't remember how I handled them but think one of my wrasses ate em.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new