White poop, not stringy

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a couple fish in QT. First day out of the bag I noticed some white poop on the bottom of the tank. Its not stringy though. Looks like "regular" sized but white. Any chance this is possibly normal and just based on some kinda diet before they left LA or should I treat for internal parasites?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple fish in QT. First day out of the bag I noticed some white poop on the bottom of the tank. Its not stringy though. Looks like "regular" sized but white. Any chance this is possibly normal and just based on some kinda diet before they left LA or should I treat for internal parasites?

White/and or white stringy is of concern. I would go ahead and start treatment.

OP
OP
Skep18

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Long bump.

Fish is still in QT, finishing up copper. He's been eating pretty well. I've been feeding metro + focus and his poop is still kinda white. I think he's making some brown too but the white poop seems to be turning all granular on the bottom of the tank, like a dust. I honestly can't tell if this is just kinda normal or if all these meds are just no good.

The purple tang in the tank has always pooped fine and brown.

OP
OP
Skep18

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe I'm imagining the white... I just don't know whether I should transfer him to another QT after this or not...

Fyi, some of that is PE mysis scrim leftover. The poop in question is the balled up portions.

20181213_163114.jpg

@Humblefish for advice? :)

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm imagining the white... I just don't know whether I should transfer him to another QT after this or not...

Fyi, some of that is PE mysis scrim leftover. The poop in question is the balled up portions.

20181213_163114.jpg

Humblefish is currently away. I would go a full three weeks with Med soaked food.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is he eating?

I've had white poop that was just from a particular food, but it was not consistent.

I also have some damsels in qt now that appear to have white stringy poo that is prazi/metro resistant.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is he eating?

I've had white poop that was just from a particular food, but it was not consistent.

I also have some damsels in qt now that appear to have white stringy poo that is prazi/metro resistant.

You might try fenbendazole. It seems to work well for prazi/metro resistant worms. If I remember you breed dogs and probably can access it pretty easily.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I started fenbendazole today.

Weewowwow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I too have

20181213_163114.jpg

I too have the same problem now: eating and active just that the poop is just like the one in the picture. Did you manage to have any solution to yours?
Humblefish is currently away. I would go a full three weeks with Med soaked food

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 176 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back