White prickly things on birdsnest

  • Thread starter Thread starter 125mph
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

125mph

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2016
Messages
869
Reaction score
303
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what this is. I got two birdnest frags to try out, and after a few days i see some white spikes. Some of it is all right next to each other. What is this, good or bad?

Easier to see without lights.

IMG_8452.jpeg
 
Just wondering what this is. I got two birdnest frags to try out, and after a few days i see some white spikes. Some of it is all right next to each other. What is this, good or bad?

Easier to see without lights.

IMG_8452.jpeg
Skin peeling off?

Doesn't look like growth to me. Especially in the center of the branch, the tips Maybe but I don't think so.
Maybe a clearer pic would help.

Birdsnest are very finicky, IMO.
 
Just wondering what this is. I got two birdnest frags to try out, and after a few days i see some white spikes. Some of it is all right next to each other. What is this, good or bad?

Easier to see without lights.

IMG_8452.jpeg
Pic is quite fuzzy but I do see indicators of new shoots associated with growth as well as nice polyp extension.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new