White protrusions from lobo skeleton?

SixlineRyan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
115
Reaction score
92
Location
Cincinnati
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this lobo from the LFS yesterday. Once I got it in the tank these white things were protruding from the skeleton.

Anyone know what these white lumps / protrusions from the lobo skeleton are?

1000017375.jpg
 
Pineapple Sponges! They are great filter feeders just made sure they aren’t bothering the coral too much. I think they can end up irritating them but they are otherwise a indicator your tank is healthy and maturing. My tank is riddled with them!
 
BTW, beautiful lobo! Direct feed it some shrimp with a turkey baster every now and again to keep it happy and healthy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new