White slime treatment

SALTWATER_JUNKIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this white slime? How do I treat it?
15793898562292436485668719400639.jpg
15793898908656157393473619841559.jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It most likely a bacterial bloom. it should go away in time or maybe try increasing your flow and installing a UV filter which will knock it out quickly.

I temporarily use a Green Machine UV system to quickly eliminate bacterial blooms. they are very cheap and easy to use, no plumbing required for installation just stick to glass inside tank ;)

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree with @Retro Reefer

Your zoas on the left will tell you when something is a miss. Start nit opening do a water change. Most things in this hobby far less stressful to ride them out then “cure” things. Use the livestock in your tank to tell you if its some that needs fixing :). Far easier than testing every element known to man lol.

Lorenzo Angotti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi make sure you direct your wave pumps to the surface to oxygenate your water more, and do a water change, algae blooms can decrease oxygen if you been dosing something like NOPOX that reduces Nitrates you will get a white slime or film on your rocks and glass I know because I accidentally set my dosing pump wrong with NOPOX and over dosed my tank, nearly had a disaster as my fish were gasping for oxygen I also ran my skimmer wet meaning taking more of the water out than foam. You have to keep an eye in doing this wet skimming as you need to top up with more of your salt water and if you have a auto top up with RO water for evaporations, make sure this is switched off, you don’t want the RO water diluting your salt water to much.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back