White spot on clownfish tail

HumbleAsianReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. I’m still new in this hobby, 1 year & 2 month to be precise. Hoping there’s someone here can help me out.

i got a pair of new clownfish from a friend, healthy and active, eats well too. It’s in the quarantine tank for now, almost 2 weeks. I realized last night, there was a white spot on its tail on one of my clown. But when I woke up today, the white spot is totally gone. No change in behavior, still healthy, active and eats well. Do u guys have any idea whats causing it? And what exactly is it?
*Was gonna take a picture today but the white spot is not visible anymore*

Thanks in advance :)

RHND

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is that it's possible ich, but since they're in a quarantine tank you're safe and can wait it out.

RHND

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u have any idea what can i do to make sure it doesnt come back? I really hope my pairs of clown to be healthy
Im pretty new myself, so I can only speak from what my experience has been.

I didn't have a QT tank when I first started. My tank was roughly 3 weeks old when I put in a pair of clown. They were fine for about 2 weeks, then started to have white spots. Started small but eventually was very noticeable all over the fish. Eventually they both died, roughly 10 days after I initially saw white spots.

If you have a QT tank, you can dose to kill off the parasite. I believe copper is effective. However, I think it's good just to leave things alone for the time being until you're 100 % sure it's ich or some other sort of parasite/ sickness. There's no need to stress out the fish for no reason. I would wait a little, the whole point of the QT tank is to observe the fish and see if there's anything wrong prior to adding it to your display tank.

OP
OP
HumbleAsianReefer

HumbleAsianReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty new myself, so I can only speak from what my experience has been.

I didn't have a QT tank when I first started. My tank was roughly 3 weeks old when I put in a pair of clown. They were fine for about 2 weeks, then started to have white spots. Started small but eventually was very noticeable all over the fish. Eventually they both died, roughly 10 days after I initially saw white spots.

If you have a QT tank, you can dose to kill off the parasite. I believe copper is effective. However, I think it's good just to leave things alone for the time being until you're 100 % sure it's ich or some other sort of parasite/ sickness. There's no need to stress out the fish for no reason. I would wait a little, the whole point of the QT tank is to observe the fish and see if there's anything wrong prior to adding it to your display tank.
Ahh, i see. Will continue to quarantine n observe it. Thanks for the help buddy, really appreciate it ✌

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back