White spot on red Montipora Plate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tim'sReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tim'sReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2021
Messages
217
Reaction score
211
Location
Netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Today I noticed this white spot on my red Monti. It has been growing well past 2 months, I hope this isn't due to monti eating nudibranch but just to be sure I dipped it in coral RX.

Parameters are all fine except that my calcium is a bit low around 360 while it is usually around 420 (coral box doser doens't want to keep the line primed :( ) Other corals including my green montipora plate are looking fine. What could this be and what would you guys and gals do?
 
IMG20220411204415.jpg
 
Unfortunately it was nudibranchs they destroyed that one and my green plate. When I upgraded my tank I got a piece of the green all clean and growing that out currently.

But man I don't want those little white nightmares in my system ever again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new