White Spots on Wrasse’s Head

Doc1122

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I’m wondering if anyone can help to identify what might be on the head of the wrasse I just got? I saw some photos that make it look like it’s just a marking but I want to be sure. Thanks in advance

0FCE90E0-A234-49C3-ADCF-8B869EF84DF1.png 8243A9A6-8C6C-4C56-985C-5E0ECE37C3F8.png
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Tough to see, but it looks like it is a minor injury - that sometimes happens when fish are caught up and moved from one tank to another. Have you tried feeding the fish yet? That will be a key diagnostic, if it eats, then probably not serious.
Jay
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Tough to see, but it looks like it is a minor injury - that sometimes happens when fish are caught up and moved from one tank to another. Have you tried feeding the fish yet? That will be a key diagnostic, if it eats, then probably not serious.
Jay
Okay that’s good to hear. It was eagerly going for some mysis shrimp earlier when I fed
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new