White String like spots on Ricordea Mushroom

cdarcy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Location
Camarillo
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, does anyone know what these white string like spots are on my ricordea?
I have seen them before, as they seem come and go, but this is the biggest one I have ever seen on it.
Wondering if it’s starting to split, but really curious what these white string light spots are? Why do they occur and ks this normal?
Couldn’t really find anything via Google, curious if you all have seen this on yours? Know what it is?

Thank you!

IMG_0757.jpeg IMG_0756.jpeg
 
Looks like Mesentrial filaments. Mine get them when I do water changes or feed the tank, etc. They go away on their own, in my experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new